Missed the monthly Cherryland ARC meeting? Catch the monthly lectures:
- Edison Fong WB6IQN – January 2018 – Dual-Band J-Pole Design – click here. (PDF available here)
- David Poinsett W8APT – September 2017 – Grounding – click here. (PDF available here)
- Larry Camp WB8R – October 2016 – ARRL lecture – click here.
- Jim Marco W8JGP – June 2016 – WPBN/WGTU – click here.
- Greg Suma K8GL – May 2016 – Radio Contesting – click here.
- Chris Parrish KD8MTT – February 2016 Lecture on Solar Power – click here.
- Scott Rought KA8SMA – January 2016 Lecture on QRP – click here.
- Warren Lange W8KAN – September 2015
- County Hunters – May 2015 Lecture – click here.
- Mike Flynn KC8GW – April 2015 Lecture on Yaesu SystemFusion – click here.
- Mike Leger W8PQ – March 2015 Lecture on Antenna Modeling – click here.
- Chris Parrish KD8MTT – February 2015 Lecture on J-Pole Antennas – click here.
Please enjoy this video of the CARC NPOTA activation of LK04 Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore on 9/10/2016
Cherryland ARC has planned to keep a steady supply of Baofeng UV-5R VHF/UHF Ham radios available for purchase at our monthly meetings and events. This is a great beginner/backup radio pre-programmed for repeaters from Muskegon to Mackinaw Bridge (75 repeaters). For $39, you get the Baofeng UV-5R radio with a 3800 mAh battery. For $53, get the radio, 3800 mAh battery, and 14.5 inch antenna (which greatly improves the radio). We purchase them from Amazon, program and charge them, and sell them at cost plus a $3 donation to the Cherryland ARC. If you are interested in Ham Radio (the club can help you to get your Technician license) or a “been-there-done-that” Ham operator, this is a great deal. The radio package includes:
- Our Version of a Quick Start Guide and Suggested Accessories
- Printed List of 75 Local Repeaters Programmed into the Radio; 2 Simplex frequencies
- The ability to scan local police and fire analog frequencies
- Listen to broadcast FM stations
- 7 NOAA Weather Stations; 2 Coast Guard frequencies (16 and 22) are also included
You can buy one at the monthly meetings or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve one for you. You can pick it up at my office in Traverse City Monday thru Friday if you can’t make the Swap or monthly meetings.
If you have already bought one, bring it to the monthly meeting and I will load the “updated” list at no charge.