I know, I know, we don’t usually have a December edition.
But I feel bad about not putting out a November edition.
So, with a few hours left in 2016, here’s a Happy New Year gift!
The December 2016 Cherry Juice is online now!
Click Here to get your copy!
If you’d like to read back over the activities of the 2016 year, please take a look at the historical archives of the Cherry Juice online on the CARC Website!
VP/Editor, Cherryland ARC
Don’t miss the Cherryland Amateur Radio Club’s
It all happens Saturday, February 11th from 8am until noon!
Swap Flyer 2017
Immaculate Conception Elementary School
218 Vine Street, Traverse City MI, 49684
Admission is $5, a table is $8 and can still be reserved!
There is also a Friday night social “Eyeball QSO” gathering at the Traverse City Elks Club #323 from 6pm-7pm.
(625 bay street, near the US-31/M-72 junction.)
[NO sales at the Eyeball QSO – strictly a social event]
For more information or table reservations, contact:
Joe Novak W8TVT, 231.947.8555, or CLICK HERE
VE EXAMS START AT 9AM
(for information on VE EXAMS contact Hope AA8SN – firstname.lastname@example.org or 231.218.0622)
TALK-IN FREQUENCY: 146.86 (-) (PL 114.8)
Missed the monthly Cherryland ARC meeting? Catch the monthly lectures:
- County Hunters – May 2015 Lecture – click here.
- Mike Flynn KC8GW – April 2015 Lecture on Yaesu SystemFusion – click here.
- Mike Leger W8PQ – March 2015 Lecture on Antenna Modeling – click here.
- Chris Parrish KD8MTT – February 2015 Lecture on J Pole Antennas – click here.
- Warren Lange W8KAN – September 2015 written lecture notes – click here.
- Scott Rought – January 2016 Lecture on QRP – click here.
- Chris Parish – February 2016 Lecture on Solar Power – click here.
- Greg Suma – May 2016 – Radio Contesting – click here.
- Larry Camp – October 2016 – ARRL lecture – click here.
Please enjoy this video of the CARC NPOTA activation of LK04 Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore on 9/10/2016
Cherryland ARC has planned to keep a steady supply of Baofeng UV-5R VHF/UHF Ham radios available for purchase at our monthly meetings and events. This is a great beginner/backup radio pre-programmed for repeaters from Muskegon to Mackinaw Bridge (75 repeaters). For $39, you get the Baofeng UV-5R radio with a 3800 mAh battery. For $53, get the radio, 3800 mAh battery, and 14.5 inch antenna (which greatly improves the radio). We purchase them from Amazon, program and charge them, and sell them at cost plus a $3 donation to the Cherryland ARC. If you are interested in Ham Radio (the club can help you to get your Technician license) or a “been-there-done-that” Ham operator, this is a great deal. The radio package includes:
- Our Version of a Quick Start Guide and Suggested Accessories
- Printed List of 75 Local Repeaters Programmed into the Radio; 2 Simplex frequencies
- The ability to scan local police and fire analog frequencies
- Listen to broadcast FM stations
- 7 NOAA Weather Stations; 2 Coast Guard frequencies (16 and 22) are also included
You can buy one at the monthly meetings or send an email to email@example.com to reserve one for you. You can pick it up at my office in Traverse City Monday thru Friday if you can’t make the Swap or monthly meetings.
If you have already bought one, bring it to the monthly meeting and I will load the “updated” list at no charge.