A good search tool (with radius map) is available at the ARRL Website: http://www.arrl.org/exam_sessions/search.
The Cherryland ARC is sponsoring another VE Exam Session for all license levels.
Saturday, February 10, 2024
Tests will be given for all license levels, from Technician to General through Amateur Extra.
9:00 AM (Please arrive early to complete paperwork)
The Cherryland Amateur Radio Club 50th Annual Ham Swap-n-Shop
IMMACULATE CONCEPTION ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
314 Vine Street
Traverse City, MI 49684
Please bring with you :
– Your FCC CORES FRN ID number. (instructions here)
– Three (3) pieces of ID. (driver’s license and any other cards with your name on them).
– The Test fee is $15.00. (covers one attempt at each of the 3 exam elements, an additional attempt can be purchased.)
– A copy of your existing license (if applicable, ie: upgrade attempt).
– Two #2 pencils with erasers, and a pen.
– A simple calculator with no memory capability is permitted.
Also be aware of these FCC Rules regarding tests:
An important note for any applicant for an initial license—
All new applicants in 2021 must register in the FCC CORES system (Link to Apply for FRN) and obtain an FRN number, (FCC Registration Number), before the test session. This must be done at least 1 week prior to the date of the test as there is a delay in the initial registering/setting up of a password and signing up for the FRN number.
In the past an applicant could simply give their social security number at the test session and the FCC would then issue them their FRN number for future use. This will no longer be the case.
Feel free to contact the Cherryland ARC’s ARRL VE Coordinator with any questions and/or signing up for a test session:
Hope Francisco AA8SN