CARC continues to be an active club on the air, online and in-person.
On the air
We kick off each week with the Sunday Morning Amateur Social Hour net at 9:00 am on 3.935 MHz. Monday evening it’s the TBARG ARES/RACES Emergency Preparedness Net at 8:00 pm, followed immediately by the Monday Evening Social Hour, (MESH) Net. Both Monday nets are on the 146.86 MHz repeater W8TCM, in Traverse City.
Tuesday evening is Project Night. We started in March, holding Project Night talks and times together by ZOOM instead of getting together at the Club station. Zoom allows us to bring in people from around the country to present a topic of interest.
Examples of these presentations include:
Join the Gang at Cherryland Amateur Radio Club Project Night on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm. You do not need to be a member of the Club to join the meetings. The Zoom Meeting number is: 271957716.
- CARC Board meets on the First Tuesday of each month
- The Club Member Meeting is the Third Tuesday of each month
- In July we had our Club picnic
- August 23 was our annual Fox Hunt – Radio Direction Finding
- We hold VE Exams about every 10 weeks
- Now we are starting regular New Ham Workshops
- In January we hope to begin License Classes
Our in-person events maintain appropriate adherence to state and local health guidelines to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Our member safety is paramount.
To be alerted to up-to-date information and topics to be presented, find on this site the Communication Tab, Email List sign-up page to get on the mailing list. If you wish to join this active club, this tab will give you information.